Dear DSST Families,
I hope each of you are healthy during these challenging times and that “Spring Break” brought some rest and relaxation. I continue to be very grateful that you entrust your child(ren) to DSST to provide them with a world-class education.
We are excited to launch DSST E-School this Wednesday, April 8 and get a chance to see your children on a daily basis. Here is a short video message I put together to welcome you.
Given the recent announcement that most Front Range school districts, including APS & DPS, will remain closed to in-person learning for the rest of the year, we are looking forward to serving your child in E-School, finishing the year strong. Today and tomorrow, DSST staff members will engage in professional development workshops to prepare for our new chapter in distance learning. In the meantime, we wanted to check in with a few key items to ensure you and your students are ready for E-School this week!
Student and family engagement in the first two weeks are critical to a successful launch. Here are a few reminders to ensure you and your child(ren) get into a great learning routine.
- E-School runs from 9 AM through 3 PM. Students should log into Microsoft Teams for E-School and check their student email no later than 8:45AM to take the attendance survey each day. Watch how to connect to Teams with a simple video here.
- There are 4 class blocks for learning each day, Monday - Thursday. Students are expected to attend their classes during class time each day. Friday is largely open for office hours support. See these important links for the network-wide schedule:
- Assignments will be available every Monday at 8 AM and need to be completed and submitted by 12PM each Friday. Students can complete the weekly modules at their own pace and will receive support during daily class times.
- As a parent or caregiver, you will receive a Grade Level Weekly Schedule that will include links to assignments and daily Teams classes so that you can easily help your kids stay accountable.
We have created a page that includes almost everything you need to know about E-School- a full overview including the schedule, tips for technology help, and links to existing resources that we have already shared. This page will continue to be updated as we create additional resources.
In particular, this page includes the following important resources:
- Connecting with the Flyer App
- View a bonus training video here
- Internet Access Support
- DSST E-School Guidebook
We shared some tips from a fellow DSST parent on getting ready for E-School last week. If you haven’t already, you can read these 8 tips here.
If your child still needs a laptop or charger, DSST Tech Team will be at Montview and Byers from 11 AM- 2 PM on Monday, April 6, Tuesday, April 7, and Wednesday, April 8, offering curbside pickup. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. If you still need to borrow a desk, chair, or headphones, click here.
Thank you for your partnership during unprecedented times. It may not be easy, but we are excited to embark on this new adventure in learning with you and your students, and we hope that you are too!