DSST has always believed that families are our greatest partners in our mission of ending educational inequity in urban education, and that family voice matters. As we have navigated this year with learning happening mostly at home, this is more true than ever before. In December, DSST launched our First Trimester Family Survey to get family feedback from across the network.
This survey of 31 questions was offered in several languages and had over 2300 responses from DSST families! We were thrilled to read through individual responses and what is working well and where we can improve for students and families during this unusual year. Responses from this survey also elevated trends from across the network and there are many areas to celebrate. Some highlights below:
- 95% of families say that they feel well informed this year.
- 85% of families say that they are satisfied with communication between their DSST School and Home.
- Families rated our communication app, Flyer, 4.1 / 5.
- 86% of families said the technology systems for remote learning were easy to use and helped their students.
- 89% of families said they have a trusted staff member they can personally go to for support.
We are so grateful to every community member who took the time to share their thoughts in this survey. We take all family feedback to heart and are excited to offer another Trimester Family Survey in March during Trimester 2 Family Conferences. If you are a DSST family, be on the lookout for the link on Flyer or via email!