Take a look at how DSST is planning for the future
Over the summer, DSST kicked off planning for what we want DSST to look and feel like in five years. Since then, DSST has hosted focus groups, conducted interviews, sent out surveys, researched, and engaged nearly 1,600 DSST community members -- students, alumni, families and staff members -- in this process. Community input and support have been crucial and will continue to be critical as we continue to build out the DSST Strategic Plan.
The goal of our new strategic plan is to bring us closer to realizing our mission: informing people of what we do and how we do it. We believe that this plan should be grounded in research and directly reflect both the needs and dreams of our DSST community.
What We’ve Done
- Conducted external research and expert interviews to understand the future education and career landscape.
- Created a Vision Working Group, consisting of students, alumni, families, and staff who represent all campuses, to build out our vision for DSST graduates-- the DSST Graduate Profile. Check out our Graduate Profile here!
- Named key areas of work and focus for the next five years. These are our strategic priorities:
- Collective Impact: Strengthen and clarify how Home Office and Schools work together, creating the conditions to maximize our collective impact and successfully manage our growth.
- Thriving Community: Promote and strengthen students' sense of belonging, purpose, and values through a school experience that is joyful, inclusive, and values-centered.
- STEM-Centered Academic Program: Develop and implement an inclusive, equitable, and coherent school program that sets students up to break barriers in STEM fields and prepares all students for success in 4-year college.
- Excellent Instruction: Provide high-quality instruction on college preparatory coursework.
- Transformational Talent: Recruit, retain and develop a diverse, representative, and talented team.
Where We’ve Been
- Conducted external research (including Colorado-specific data), interviewed internal and external experts to understand the future of the education and career landscape.
- Hosted nearly 25 focus groups consisting of students, alumni, families, and staff.
- Engaged with nearly 1600 individuals through interviews, focus groups, and surveys.
- Created a Vision Working Group, consisting of students, alumni, families, and staff who represent all campuses, to build out our vision for DSST graduates-- the DSST Graduate Profile.
Where We’re Going Next
- This fall we will be identifying our strategic priorities. These will detail how we realized our vision for DSST graduates (our DSST Graduate Profile).
Keep an eye out for any future communications that include more opportunities for you to get involved.