Introducing PROJECT: CREATE
Going into the second week of DSST E-School, we want to provide your children with a great opportunity to be creative, imaginative and learn something new! Today we are launching Project: Create In partnership with Denver CBS4. DSST students and K-12 students from across Colorado are invited to participate in this weekly STEAM challenge to catalyze their creativity and give them a joyful learning opportunity at home! I hope that you will encourage your students and their friends to join in on the fun!
- DSST will present 2 weekly STEAM-focused challenges, in partnership with leading Denver institutions, providing students with creative and fun learning opportunities to supplement their online learning.
- This week’s challenge features the theme “Imagined Spaces”- you can learn more about the challenge here. Quarantine may have brought us all inside, but Project: Create gives students the opportunity to travel from home this week, whether by programming a virtual reality imagined place, or writing about an imagined time or place that makes them happy.
- CBS 4 - Denver will announce each weekly challenge, invite K-12 students across Colorado to participate, and celebrate the winner each week. This is your student’s chance to not only think creatively, but to be on TV and show off their work!
- Each challenge will include prizes provided by our weekly sponsor. This week, our sponsor is the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, who have generously provided this week’s prize- a VIP museum tour!
- A select group of DSST educators will review all entries to determine a winner- the winners will then be celebrated on CBS4, social media, and beyond!
How You Can Help
- Please encourage your child(ren) and their friends to participate in this unique opportunity! This is a great way for students to try something new, use their imagination, and supplement their distance learning experience.
How Students Can Participate
We’ll be sharing out the story that CBS is running tonight to launch this exciting contest, which will feature an interview with a Montview MS student who shares why she’s pumped to participate! Don’t forget to tune in every Wednesday, when the winner of each week’s challenge will be announced.
Thank you for joining me in getting our students excited for Project: Create. We want to stimulate all parts of your children’s brains over the next 6 weeks! I am so looking forward to seeing the creativity, innovation, and joy of our students take center stage during these weekly STEAM challenges.
All my best,